I get asked this all the time. How and where to start? Or you may have a lot of Facebook friends but don’t know how to make that turn into referrals or new leads.
It can be overwhelming. You are busy trying to get listings, make sales and find new leads… who has time for sitting on the computer Tweeting all day??
One basic problem we all have (I include myself in this stereotype) is not giving the same importance to ourselves as we do a potential client. If we had to schedule a meeting once a week for 45 minutes to meet with a potential client who wants to list his $500,000 home but we have to meet with him 4 weeks in a row to get that listing and then meet with potential buyers every week for 45 minutes to show that home…we’d do it and never be late, always be prepared and place a high priority on those weekly meetings, right?
What if you placed that same sense of importance, urgency and attention on meeting with YOURSELF (or a qualified web developer) to work on your online presence and strategy to grow it? DUH! 45 minutes a week…. you can accomplish unbelievable amounts of things in this amount of time if you are systematic and organized (two things most Realtors are not!). Oh, we’re high energy, we’re friendly and tenatious and hard working… but organized and systematic??? Well… some of the very successful ones are (or have great teams with people skilled in those areas!)
Let’s get you on track! Start by finding 45 minutes per week you can commit to working on a strategy and GETTING organized. Let that become a habit and don’t let ANYTHING stop you from that meeting with yourself (or your web guru). Here are a few things to begin right away:
1. The most important thing is to start. Make a date, put it in your calendar and plan around it.
2. Turn off your cell phone, get out of the office or lock the door and do not allow yourself to be interrupted for that 45 minutes. PERIOD.
3. Take a blank piece of paper and a writing utensil (and a backup!).
4. Start writing. Everything that comes to mind that you ‘should’ do regarding your online goals and social media in particular. It can even be “I should learn more about it” or “I should hire someone to help” or “I should post 3 times a week” whatever comes to mind.
5. Stop after 45 minutes. Put it away until next week. Your mind knows exactly where those thoughts are and where to find them if you need them before. If you get done prior to the 45 minutes. Start to prioritize the list.
That’s it. You’ve started. Now go run your business and know that you are on track to making SIGNIFICANT changes toward achieving your goal of turning your social media connections in to new business!
Next week, I will give you 5 more tips on what to do with that time.
WordPress is a free and open source blogging tool and a content management system (CMS) based on PHP and MySQL. Features include a plugin architecture and a template system. WordPress was used by more than 22.0% of the top 10 million websites as of August 2013.
Have your site built or rehabilitated from old html to a shiny new WordPress website! Its easy to update in house!
Custom Web Development also builds sites in Joomla, Drupal, Magento and of course, other programming languages/platforms including .NET, PHP, etc.
We build new or service and repair existing sites! Call or email for a quote!
Story telling is an age old activity. Before the written word, verbal history was handed down generation after generation. Even in our day of over stimulation and information overload, there is something about engaging the imagination of your reader that will endear them to you. If you can capture their imagination, their heart, you will gain their respect and when they like you and trust you, they will buy from you.
Story telling is both an art and a science. For web content creators, this means there is an opportunity to learn how make this work for you in practical ways by touching the heart and imagination of your intended target. Sometimes the value added is the entertainment and inspiration given. It makes them want more. It endears your audience to you. Create a brand with storytelling.
Taking your brand and telling a story to your audience that will help them remember you is where the rubber hits the road.
How to make story telling work for you.
The best advertisements tell a story. Being able to get that story heard and shared is the key. Memorable stories will outlast any other form of advertising, hands down. What your readers or audience will remember is the feeling or ideas that will ‘stick’ with them when they are considering the product or service that you provide.
Keep the story relevant to your audience and relate it to your product/service.
The use of social media today gives as many opportunities to tell you story as it does challenges to be heard. Every opportunity you get to tell your story, take it! Remember, facts tell stories SELL! Keep in mind your audience, if you are speaking to conservative businessmen versus a group of teenagers on the topic of gaming ~ you’ll want to tell your story a bit differently to each group!
Storytelling can be a great web content resource, provide material that will quickly impart your knowledge, all the while exposing your expertise and willingness to share yourself with your audience. It endears you to them and more quickly imparts the advantages of your service or product to your intended audience faster and will last longer than telling facts alone.
Getting to know you and your business needs is the first step in creating the right website and/or online presence that will fit your needs.
We’ve taken the time to put together a questionaire that will guide you through a thought process and help you identify your business goals and begin to create a unique online business presence that will meet your business’s objectives.
DON’T MISS THIS GREAT DEAL! FIRST 10 CUSTOMERS RECEIVE FREE SOCIAL MEDIA FOR 90 DAYS!!!
- Custom WordPress Website
- Domain registration or transfer and one year hosting INCLUDED
- 5 top level pages
- SEO written content with keyword research for EACH PAGE! (up to 1,000 words per page!!!)
- Google Analytics set up, including dashboard for ease of viewing in your WordPress user panel
- Logo design
- Custom forms and landing pages to capture leads
- ECOMMERCE SET UP INCLUDED (Woocommerce or Gravity Forms)
- 90 days updates
- 90 days SEO
- Monthly or weekly reports on traffic and leads generated via Google Analytics
- FIRST 10 CUSTOMERS RECEIVE SOCIAL MEDIA SET UP AND 3 WEEKLY POSTS FOR 90 DAYS INCLUDED!!!!!!!